Sunday, 26 September 2010

Waiting for the change...

So Autumn is now here and soon to follow come the gorgeous golden, yellow, fiery red and orange colours that mark it's arrival.

My camera will be kept busy, had best warn it now! I might even attempt watercolours again? Using inks isn't the best way to capture such a colourful season for obvious reasons, so I think it's time to get a bit of practice in with the old paintbrushes. I have to confess using colours isn't my strong point and I am feeling nervous about it. This has something to do with becoming lazy and concentrating so much on inks. It's so easy to carry an ink pen or two and my sketch book and sit and do my thing without much effort or needing lots of space to set anything up.

What I tend to do is photograph first and sketch later. So I will continue to do this if I do decide to use watercolours. I have actually spent more time on my photography this year, and so very little on my scribblings. I think I have shown some improvement with my photograpy skills, which is great! So there is a plus point there!

OK I have been up since 'Silly o'clock' and haven't had any caffeine yet! I can't quite believe I have managed to blog despite that fact!

Have a peaceful Sunday...

5 comments:

  1. I don't think your ink drawings could be classed as lazy??! There is so much detail in them, so much intricacy. However I would really like to see your water colour paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....oh and of course your new photos, bet you are already out there now taking them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't hold an account on this blog site so am not sure if I can post comments?
    I would say don't put aside your ink sketches as they are amazing, and different. I agree with the comment of the poster above your sketches are really very detailed. can you combone both ink and watercolour?

    Ade. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organics/Ade- My thanks for the feedback, and nice things said. :)

    I wasn't sure if you could actually post unless you had your own blog up. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea so I had a look at the settings to see if non members could also comment and as you've discovered, yes is the answer to that one.

    I think I might combine colour in with the ink, see how it goes. It might be a case of trial and error, but I think I need to experiment so I should have fun while doing so. :)

    ReplyDelete

Garden.

Garden.
Trying to create an oriental feel with this sketch.©