Sunday, 3 October 2010

Have I set myself an impossible task?

©

©
I might be rather ambitious here? After taking the two photographs ( shown ) I have decided to get the old sketchbook out and try to capture the images in ink. Now this will test my artistic capabilities, so please do not, whatever you do, wait for any postings of my finished work for a while yet!

I don't think the photographs themselves do any justice for just how beautiful the leaves looked in the flesh- so to speak- but I am actually pleased with them. I haven't had the opportunity lately to really stretch myself in that area.

I think it's a good thing to challenge yourself as an artist, take yourself out of your comfort zone, and maybe learn a new technique, or two if you are lucky! Anyway, that's my  little venture lined up. I can hardly contain my excitement! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Great photos, but then I wouldn't expect anything less from you. You don't give yourself the credit you deserve. I look forward to seeing your drawings, whenever they are ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ade- Thanks for the words of encouragement!

    Yup! I do get that from folk often, I need to be more confident about what I can actually do, it IS sinking in, I promise!

    Slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I for one am looking forward to seeing what you produce and I am pretty sure you will create something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Garden.

Garden.
Trying to create an oriental feel with this sketch.©